The Bridge Home End of Book

I think that Viji moving on was good. She needed to stop dwelling in the past, and when she did, it did nothing but benefit her. She went to a place she liked with children like her, where she could become a teacher. She made her dad stop hitting people (supposedly), and even let him visit sometimes. She told him about Ruku, and didn’t get yelled at, and had a good life. Even Kutti had a good life and let Viji leave. Everything is better when we move on, and don’t spend every spare second crying and mourning-only sometimes, because the person wouldn’t want us to be depressed all the time and throw away their future because of their death. She should remember Ruku with the good times that happened, not what good times they could be having now. What is your opinion?

50 thoughts on “The Bridge Home End of Book

1. I think that it was good that Viji moved on from Rukku dying because if she didn’t, her going to the boarding school wouldn’t have happened at all. Also, I don’t believe that Viji’s dad would stop hitting people.

2. Curtell
    I agree. I think that in a few years, if her mom says that he has stopped hitting, Viji should give him another chance.

1. No I disagree about appa to stop hitting them. Amma and appa probably don’t even know that Rukku died.

1. On the contrary, the book states that Viji’s dad visited and Viji told him that Ruku died.

1. k, but if appa promised that he would stop hitting amma, and he really wanted Viji to come home, then appa would comfort amma so Viji would give more thought about going home.

2. Do you really believe that hes gonna stop hitting them after a promise h made in 30 seconds

3. I think that if he really wants a good life and wants Viji to come home he will hit less consistently until it ceases all together.

4. But we DO know he really sincerely wants a good life, he will stop, even if it’s not immediately, but if he really wants his 1 remaining daughter, he will stop.

5. BUT, we don’t know anything that happened while they ran away, he maybe could have been divorced or arrested. We do not know what happened.

6. We don’t, the chances are that he did hit amma though. I think this because he probably thought that amma had told them to run, and got angry. Then, he visited Viji, and figured out what happened.

7. True, but at the beginning when he got angry he hit all three of them including breaking amma’s arm. Therefore he cannot be trusted.

1. Yes, but back then he had no clue what he could lose. If he knew that Rukku would die if he acted like that and disgusted Viji, he would never have done it. Also, I think he drinks, so he doesn’t think about consequences, or really understand what HE is doing.

1. True, his addiction could be strong based on at the beginning of the book, before he hit them he seemed a little drunk.

2. He might have been drunk, but he needs to contain. He mocked Rukku, and made them leave. Does that make him responsible for Rukkus death?

1. Yes, and when amma gets sad, appa should, in theory, comfort her to have a better chance a getting Viji back.

3. I think that It is good that she moved on, but that she shouldn’t block Rukku out of her mind entirely.

4. Yeah, but she needs to try to control herself. She can’t blame herself or others because she died. For example, when the one person said that people like her sister went to the school, she has to control herself and not lash out at people.

5. Still, she needs to chill.
    Also, didn’t the book say a week when her dad visited, then she went to the school the next day?

6. Or you could admit that the smart part of your brain is telling you that if you yelled at your sister it probably wouldn’t go that well for you.

7. So do I win?
    Or are you just gonna say you win but really know that you 2 are tag-teaming me and I am still proving you wrong.

8. There are even MORE problems such as
    – the garbage person that died
    – the reason appa hits people
    – and many other things that I cannot remember.

1. I think that appa drinks. He is out late when he comes home in the book, and that is the only answer I can think of.

9. Did Sridar really deserve to die? I mean, I know he was really mean but does that mean that he deserves death?

10. IDK
    I think that death was huge, but not necessary. But we can’t choose when or how we die.

1. Was it bad of her to sell Kutti. I mean I understand the reasoning, but was it really what Rukku would have wanted. Or did Rukku even care about Kutti since she was dying?

1. It was bad for vigi to sell kutti. She should have at least told Rukku instead of going behind her back.

11. She was sick and in bed resting. I’m not on any side, I am just providing evidence to clarify the text.